Trans-Siberian School on High Energy Physics
16 April 2018 - 20 April 2018
When and where: April 16 – 20, 2018, the main building (30 Lenin ave.)
National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University in collaboration with European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), will organize the Trans-Siberian School on High Energy Physics from 16 to 20 April 2018.
We invite students of senior undergraduate courses, magistracy, graduate students and young scientists to participate in the School. The participants of the School need to have basic knowledge in the field of high energy physics for the maximal benefiting from the lecture courses.
To participate in the school you should register on the official site
The participants of the school have unique opportunities:
- To listen to the lectures of leading Russian and foreign specialists;
- To establish contacts and join the research of international collaborations;
- To present their own research results;
- To communicate in an informal setting with peers who have experience in research at Mega-science level facilities.
The program of the School includes:
- Lectures by leading Russian and foreign experts on current trends in high-energy physics, modern accelerators, major leading collaborations, and planned scientific projects;
- The Young Researchers Scientific Section, where participants of the School could present the results of their research in the field of high-energy physics;
- Discussion panel at which CERN representatives and leaders of leading universities and scientific centers of Russia will be able to exchange their views on the experience, perspectives, and forms of participation of Russian universities in Mega-Science projects on high-energy physics.
TPU provides accommodation in a hotel or hostel for non-resident TPU members.