The School of Scientific Communication
09:00, 03 October 2018 - 19:00, 05 October 2018
Tomsk Polytechnic University (to be specified)
This October, TPU will hold the second School of Scientific Communication for Russian scientists. The school will include comprehensive work on all the basic skills necessary for a scientist to conduct successful scientific work.
The school events will be useful for everyone who is involved in the scientific activity: scientists, students, undergraduates, graduate students, university staff and for members of knowledge-intensive enterprises.
The school will be dedicated to such topics, as:
- Effective communication at the conference, networking, and developing international collaboration;
- Oratory skills for the scientist, presentation at the conference, presentation of scientific projects;
- Publication of articles in high-ranking journals, work with the publications in English, academic writing and speaking, selection of a journal for publication;
- Ethic of scientific research;
- Rules of communication with editors and reviewers of scientific journals;
- Stages of building a scientific career;
- Popularization of scientific research;
- Key trends in scientific communication: altmetrics, open science, digitalization of science, and others.